Our mandate is to provide quality skating opportunities to help each skater develop their passion for skating and to achieve personal success in a friendly, safe and fun environment. Our skating programs are designed and delivered by a professional Program Manager, a team of Skate Canada certified professional coaches and experienced program assistants. The Club is primarily operated by volunteer parents and is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors. The goals of the Dartmouth Skating Club are:
- To offer a variety of skating opportunities for all skating levels, ages and abilities.
- To provide a safe skating environment and quality skating programs.
- To sponsor an environment of friendliness and fun.
- To support individual achievement in an environment where skaters can be proud of their personal accomplishments.
- To encourage personal growth.
- Responsible and accountable club management.
Membership BenefitsThere are many advantages of being a member of the Dartmouth Skating Club! We are pleased to offer the following benefits to our skaters and families.
- Use of our heated DCS Club Room at the Grey Arena (free coffee, tea, hot chocolate)
- Annual awards banquet for qualifying skaters – includes cost of skaters meal.
- Free participation in our bi-annual Ice Show.
- Free informal club socials held through the year.
- High quality Skate Canada Nationally Certified Programs and Coaching.
- Low skater/coach ratio on group sessions.