Our mandate is to provide quality skating opportunities to help each skater develop their passion for skating and to achieve personal success in a friendly, safe and fun environment.
Our skating programs are designed and delivered by a professional Program Manager, a team of Skate Canada certified professional coaches and experienced program assistants. The Club is primarily operated by volunteer parents and is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors.
The goals of the Dartmouth Skating Club are:
- To offer a variety of skating opportunities for all skating levels, ages and abilities.
- To provide a safe skating environment and quality skating programs.
- To sponsor an environment of friendliness and fun.
- To support individual achievement in an environment where skaters can be proud of their personal accomplishments.
- To encourage personal growth.
- Responsible and accountable club management.
There are many advantages of being a member of the Dartmouth Skating Club! We are pleased to offer the following benefits to our skaters and families.
- Use of our heated DCS Club Room at the Grey Arena (free coffee, tea, hot chocolate)
- Annual awards banquet for qualifying skaters – includes cost of skaters meal.
- Free participation in our bi-annual Ice Show.
- Free informal club socials held through the year.
- High quality Skate Canada Nationally Certified Programs and Coaching.
- Low skater/coach ratio on group sessions.
Would you like to Volunteer?
The Dartmouth Skating Club is run by a dedicated group of volunteers that sit on the Club Executive but there are many ways to help out during the year. CanSkate relies on Program Assistants to help run the sessions and events such as the Rob McCall Memorial competition and Christmas show require the help from many people to ensure they run smoothly.
If you are interested in lending a hand please contact Program Manager Kyla McNeil. firstname.lastname@example.orgDSC Constitution